Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A New Semester Begins

It's the start of a new semester!! The last one of my second year!!  I'm excited to be so close to having another year of grad school under my belt!  One of the first things I am going to do once I finish my degree is stop waitressing so I can finally get my nights, weekends, and holidays back.  After I graduate, my boyfriend and I are also planning on moving to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  I've only been there twice so far and we stayed at his family's condo so it does not exactly give me a real idea of what is going to be like to live there.  Sometimes I get so excited for the move that I wish it was tomorrow and other times, I am so freaked out about picking up everything and moving away just the two of us.  Being away from my friends and family is not going to be easy, but a new start may be just the thing I need.  A new state, a new degree, a new me!!


Ken and I in Myrtle Beach for our birthdays-May 19th and 20th

Vocabulary-

semester-noun-one half of a school or college year.
excited-adjective-being emotionally happy
waitressing-verb-serving customers at a table
finally-adverb-at the end
graduate-verb-to be granted an academic diploma or degree
planning-noun-the act or process of making or carrying out plans
twice-adverb-occurs two times
condo-noun-abbr. for condominium-an apartment unit that you own
exactly-adverb-in all respects
sometimes-adverb-at times, now and then
tomorrow-adverb-the day after today
everything-pronoun-all that exists
degree-noun-an official grade or ranking

Exercise-
I cannot wait until I no long have to continue _________________.
After I ____________, my boyfriend and I are __________ to move to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
I wish I was moving to Myrtle Beach _______________.
I've only been to South Carolina _____________.
When I finish school, I will earn another ____________.
When school is finished in May, I will have finished another _____________.
_____________ I'm scared of moving away.
I am so ____________ to be closer to finishing school.
When I go to Myrtle Beach, I stay at my boyfriend's family's ____________.
No long waitressing means I can _____________ get my weekends back.
Only visiting Myrtle Beach has not ________given me a real idea of what it is like to live there.
I'm most nervous about having to pick up ____________ and just move.

Grammar Point-Writing in the future tense
Write a paragraph of 4-5 sentences writing in the future tense (forming words ending in -ing).  Write about what you plan on doing once this school year is finished.  How will you spend your summer vacation?  Is there anything in particular you are looking forward to?  Make sure your verbs are in the future tense!!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting that you are hitting so many milestones. You seem so focused and on track, I'm sure you will be tremendously successful at whatever you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great time in your life. I wish you all the best and success in life, career, and love!

    Look forward to your next posts.

    ReplyDelete