Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Move to New Jersey

So my parents have decided it is time for a change.  They are sick and tired of the cold weather and want to move south.  The great thing about that is Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (my future home) is their number one choice at the moment!! The not-so-great thing about that is their youngest daughter cannot afford to pay for grad school and an apartment on a waitresses salary.  My boyfriend, Ken and I were debating moving in together.  We have been together for almost two and half years so it is definitely time for us to take the next step, but we cannot seem to agree on where to live.  I, obviously live on Long Island and go to school on Long Island.  Ken, however, lives and works in New Jersey.  Since he works six days a week and next semester, I will only be attending school two days a week, we decided it made the most sense for me to be the one to move.  I was not exactly happy about making the hour long commute so often, and having to find a new job, but when his mother invited me to move into their house until I finished school, it completely changed my mind.  The fact that his parents would be so gracious and giving is amazing to me.  I am a little bit nervous of moving in with his whole family though.  Ken is one of three boys.  He has no sisters, which means, his father, has no daughters.  Ken and my parents say I practically live there now anyway, but this would change their entire dynamic.  My feelings for this move are constantly changing.  One day I cannot wait to live with Ken, no longer having any distance between us.  The next day, I wonder if living with his entire family will change our relationship.  He says it will only make things better.  He is over the moon about this move and that definitely helps put my mind at ease.  I just wish this was my final semester so we could move to Myrtle Beach already.

Vocabulary-
debating-verb-to deliberate; consider
definitely-adverb-positively
commuting-verb-to travel regularly over some distance
gracious-adjective-pleasantly kind and courteous
practically-adverb-almost; nearly
dynamic-noun-a basic or dynamic force, especially one that motivates, affects development or stability, etc
constantly-adjective-regularly recurrent; continual; persistent

Exercise-
I wrote about a big change that is going to happen to me in the near future.  Write about a change that you know you are about to experience or that you have already experienced in your lifetime.  Write about how that change made / will make you feel. 

Grammar Point-Writing in the past tense.
I discussed decisions that were made and actions that occurred in the past.  Past tense verbs usually end in
-ed.  When writing in the past tense, one needs to make sure that all of their verb tenses are in agreement. 

To form past tense verbs, it’s helpful to remember these rules:
  • Simple Form: Although most past tense verbs end in -ed, certain verbs have irregular past tense forms that do not follow this rule.
  • Past Progressive Form: Use was/were with the verb form ending in -ing.
  • Past Perfect Form: Use had with the past participle of the verb.
  • Past Perfect Progressive Form: This tense is most often created by using had been and the present perfect of the verb (most often the verb form ending in -ing).

No comments:

Post a Comment